Here’s a little preview of my illustration for the Splendidly Evil Powerpuff Girls Villains Zine. My villain to illustrate: The Rowdyruff Boys! (And who can draw the boys without including the girls? I sure can’t.)
This was super daunting, given the sheer amount of awesome and talented artists participating. But it was a ton of fun, and I’m super excited to see everyone’s finished pieces.
OH MY GOD, YES! YES IT HELPS, I just saw your answer, I'd forgotten to check. You have no idea how excited I am, It looks amazing. Oh, btw, Buttercup is my fav of the girls and I love Greens, of course. Can't wait to see it done. More Than Human for life!
Jealous (I Ain’t With it) by Chromeo would be the kind of song that plays when Brick is alone in his room and then he starts to think and wonder and he has to block it out cuz he really shouldn’t feel the way he does. But he does feel it. This would be right after the events of ch9 of MTH.
This is the first meeting between the girls and boys in High School.
I feel these few paragraphs really show Blossom’s personality, her pride, the way she strives to look good, how concerned she is about relationships and dating and basically being a teenager in high school.
And it also strikes me here how, just when Blossom finishes this spew on unsuitable boys and immaturity, lo and behold who shows up? Brick. There’s an entire paragraph dedicated to Brick, and to how instantly he incites a reaction, mentally, emotionally, and physically from her.
And unlike his brothers, who only glance at the girls for a moment, Brick looks at Blossom and keeps his gaze there, as if challenging her, saying “Yea, I’m here, what’cha gonna do about it?”
And it makes me wonder how the order of things were revealed. We all know SBJ puts tons of planning into her story, so could it be a coincidence that the story introduced Boomer first, then Butch, and lastly Brick, after just stating Bubbles was the first get a boyfriend, followed by Buttercup, and Blossom, who’d yet (at this point) had one (though she gets one later)?
Bubbles is already dating Boomer, and there’s been a falling out between the Reds, so does that mean the Greens will be hooking up next?
I did it. I just finished chapter 11 of More than Human (well, 9 because two of them were extra chapters) A lot really happened in half a chapter, huh. I want to write a post on my thoughts (and a review too!) but it’s so late into the night I need to sleep. So that’ll have to wait until later.
Just short thoughts:
1. I don’t know how to interpret yet Brick’s (and maybe Butch’s) reaction to Buttercup kissing him (even if it was a dare)
2. Buttercup/Butch is definitely my otp, but it’ll definitely be a rocky road before I could see them being more than friends, especially with Buttercup’s reaction when she found out that her friends might like her as more than friends.
3. Bubbles/Brick is my friend-ship
4. I love love love Boomer’s development
5. Sisters fiercely loving and defending each other? Hell yeah I’m on with this
6. Losing sleep because I had to read the beach chapter was so damn worth it
7. I SERIOUSLY NEED FANART OF THAT SCENE WITH BUTTERCUP AND BUTCH LYING ON THEIR SURFBOARDS IF YOU FIND ONE PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE LINK ME
ah yes i lost sleep over the beach chapter as well